EarthWorks update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As you are no doubt aware, several states and municipalities have issued ‘Stay at Home’ or ‘Shelter in Place’ orders for their communities, it is important to clarify Earthworks’ position and responsibility in this area.
Based upon confirmation presented by the landscape industry and our legal team, EarthWorks is authorized to continue to provide services due to the essential nature of landscape services.
According to a press release issued by the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP), by providing maintenance, repair, and sanitation, the landscaping industry is an essential service. The NALP also says it believes “the green industry does, indeed, fit within the definition of “essential industries,” as referenced in the Department of Homeland Security’s Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response.”
All Earthworks have also received a Travel/Work Authorization Letter confirming the above statement.
We will continue to adapt as new information becomes available. We will all get through this together.
Our management team will continue to make the safety and security of every employee and client our top priority. We will continue to follow all CDC and government guidelines and will make changes as needed.
Should you have any questions, please contact Jo Morin, Director of Human Resources at 817.477.3910 or email@example.com.
Your Earthworks Team
These are truly unprecedented times we’re all living through. As the Covid-19 virus affects all of us, there are times when business needs to take a back seat to being human. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by COVID-19 around the world.
The safety and security of every employee and client is our top priority. We will continue to take all necessary measures to prevent the spread of this virus and keep the members of our community safe. We have therefore been thoughtful about our policies and approach to managing employee interactions. For this reason, we will enact the following policies:
- We will comply with all federal, state and local advisories; actively urging employees who are sick to stay home; and thoroughly disinfecting personal protective equipment.
- We have cross-trained numerous employees if a key member of the team is absent for an extended time.
- We continue to educate our teams about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and know the proper procedures to follow in case they become exposed.
- Where possible we have created flexible work options to allow remote working and utilize social distancing to minimize the risk of exposure.
- We will be extra vigilant about disinfecting facilities, equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- We will remain open and fully operational to help keep your operations up and running during these uncertain and ever-changing times.
As always, we are committed to providing support for you, your families and your business during this time.
Thank you for your continued business and the opportunity to serve you.